Friday, July 16, 2010

Personal | You Gotta Do What You Gotta Do

Sometimes you have to sacrifice your beloved, worn-in Chucks to get THE picture.

While I was visiting back home in CA, my cousins and I hiked down to this beauty, Paradise Falls. The trail there takes you to this spot, pictured in the first photo.


Call me crazy, there was no way I was leaving with only a side view of the falls. There was a sign posted saying no swimming, as the water looked a little like it might be harboring diseased creatures. But I wanted the photo. So I braved the icky, green, mossy water (which had bees nesting in it... and if you know me, you know that this alone shows how much courage I had) to get to the other side, the best vantage point.


Let me tell you, moss is slippery. No joke. But I made it.


And, of course, the shameless self portrait in front of the falls.


The death of my old highschool Chucks was worth it, for this:


Thank you to Anastassia and Ariella for these photos of my journey. HA!

No comments: