Saturday, December 11, 2010

Personal | December 7, 69 years later

Every time December 7 rolls around, I get very excited. I know this sounds backwards, but I promise you it's not as weird as it sounds. The attack on Pearl Harbor is an event in history that is most fascinating to me and which I probably know most about. Like most when they visit, I get an indescribable feeling when I step onto the memorials, even if the number of my visits has climbed into the high double digits. I love that 69 years later, there is still a gathering to pay respects to the fallen. It is incredible to see the survivors, and even moreso to hear the stories from their lips. Unfortunately, I arrived to the USS Arizona Memorial late in the morning, after the ceremonies had taken place. I did photograph those still visiting and the newest elements of the visitor center.


















2 comments:

Lindsay @ Hello Hue said...

Wow, great photos! I especially love the one of the veteran. Living here with my husband on a ship in Pearl Harbor brings that day so much closer to my heart.

Ryan said...

Thank you! I definitely agree.